COACH-IN-TRAINING (CIT) PROGRAM
The CIT program introduces new coaches to the various aspects of coaching gymnastics and prepares them for entry into the "Foundations" component of the Gymnastics Canada National Coaching Certification Program when they reach the age of 15. The CIT program includes online training courses as required for employees, mentoring and hands-on coaching experience, under the supervision of a Trained Coach.
A coach has coaching experience and has successfully completed Foundations Gymnastics and Trampoline coaching certification courses through Gymnastics Canada NCCP.
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- AODA - 3 Modules
- Human Rights 101
- CALL IT OUT! Racism, Racial Discrimination and Human Rights
- Health & Safety Training for Workers and Supervisors
- Standard First Aid & CPR
- Coaching Association of Canada: Rule of Two Training
- Commit to Kids - Senior Leaders
TRAINING COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- NCCP Foundations Women's Artistic Gymnastics
- NCCP Trampoline
- GO NINJA - Online Training Program
Coaches are encouraged to increase technical knowledge and practical spotting skills by pursing higher level courses offered through Gymnastics Canada NCCP.
STRATEGIC PLAN 2022-2025
POLICE CHECK-Vulnerable Sector
Staff and volunteers over the age of 18, working in direct contact with children are required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check.
TRUE SPORT PRINCIPLES
COACHING ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Organization Code of Conduct
Reporting Complaints, Concerns and Incidents Policy